Friday, June 23, 2006

Destruction!!


So here you can see the chimney exposed, one of the walls completely exposed and my dad with his legs exposed!!- and wielding a massive 10kg road breaker! (that I tried wield but couldn't!)

It was really hard work standing there watching him smash our beautifull tile floor up- no really it was, honest!

You can see from the other photo where I have started to strip the plaster off of the walls- this is so that they can breathe and so that the damp people can inject the damp proof into the wall- its very clever they drill the bottom of the wall every 20cm and then inject this stuff that then seeps across and forms a new damp course!- very clever!

The plaster is a real pain to get off- I didn't wear gloves and every time the bolster slipped I grazed my knuckles on the wall!- I bled alot. Its all for a good cause though! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home